Put a little pizazz in your life
Yep I said Pizazz not pizza!! Although i'm a fan of pizza and love to create lots of new ways to make it a healthier option! Well, I guess i'm putting pizazz in my pizza!!!
In my last blog I shared as a child I was a pizza snob. Well, today in my golden ages I continue to search out delectable , scrumptious, interesting and mouth watering recipes!
Now a days we have so many dietary restrictions we are seeking options! There are cauliflower pizza crusts and all sorts of veggie pizzas too.
Here's a quick and easy Pizza Bite recipe you can make anytime without feeling guilty.
Buy a few organic zucchini and slice them lengthwise about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
Heat your oven to 350
Prepare a cookie sheet or pizza sheet to use to cook your zucchini bites by rubbing a bit of olive oil lightly on the sheet.
Next, garnish each slice of zucchini with the following options. Remember dice everything small.
1. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil
2. Add an Italian spice blend and sprinkle lightly on the zucchini
3. Diced or minced tomato or roasted tomato
4. Diced spinach or basil
5. Artichoke diced small is also a great option or calamata olives.
6. Sprinkle a cheese of your choice (optional). Mozzarella, jalapeño jack, feta etc.
7. Dairy free? Use nutritional yeast as your topping
8. Experiment with your favorite veggies
8. Pop in the oven for approx. 15 mins or until cooked to your preference.
Do you have a favorite recipe? We would love for you to post yours in the comments!